There are a lot of different Android devices available, and they don't all work the same way. These five tips will work on most Androids.
1. Take a photo while shooting a video: Tap the screen while you record. The photo will be stored in your gallery.
2. Use your phone as a portable USB dive: Plug your phone into your computer and activate storage mode. The USB mode allows you to move items to and from the phone.
3. View notifications without unlocking your phone: Slide your finger from the top to the bottom of the lock screen, then tap the item you want to open.
4. Get more information with Google Maps: Tap the silhouette icon at the far right-hand side of the search bar to gain quick access to your map data, including reviews, saved addresses for home and work, nearby offers, saved places and recent searches.
5. No Siri? No Problem: Tap the microphone icon to the left of the space bar while inside of a text or email and start talking. Make sure you verbally add punctuation, such as "comma" and "question mark."